Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fort Hood Shooting & Muslim Profiling.

This is a response to a debate on FB I had with my friend Cory about the Fort Hood shooting. 
****************************************************************

One thing we can all agree is that the Fort Hood perpetrator has done an unjustifiable, heinous crime & deserved to be punished. But asking questions is essential. Being vocal against a war does not make you a terrorist. I've been very vocal against the Iraq war & I was supportive in 2001 for the Afghanistan war. Does that make me half a terrorist or does that make me half a patriot? Nah, it just makes me 100% American. In 2003, the Secretary of State went to the UN shaking a vile of Anthrax making the case to invade Iraq. Too bad nobody asked questions back then, because it was a white guy, a military scientist who worked at a US military base who killed innocent Americans with Anthrax. There are Muslim terrorists in the world. But why do white boys get a free pass?

Timothy McVeigh – OK bomber
Eric Rudolph – Atlanta bomber of 96 Olympics
Unabomber
Mark Barton – shooter in Buckhead office, Atlanta
Anthrax terrorist - US military scientist


I admit when I first heard of the Fort Hood perpetrator’s name, Muslim terrorism popped in my head also. But he has been in the Army for 21 years & he didn’t become a sniper, covert-ops, or learn how to fly planes; he became a doctor, a psychiatrist. Maybe he is sleeper cell terrorist that the FBI missed under their nose. It is possible, but I find highly improbable. Last year, the FBI caught a terrorist in NC who actually trained in Afghanistan with a real terrorist organization. The FBI deserve their credit for saving people’s lives. By the way, that NC terrorist they caught is a white guy, Daniel Boyd.

There is speculation that the psychiatrist heard story after story of soldiers’ post traumatic disorders was a factor combined with the harassment he received for being a Muslim. Maybe he is a punk-ass who couldn’t handle ridicule from his peers. Or it could be the extent of the harassment was very severe. I don’t really know. I do agree about the point how despicable he tried to justify suicide bombings, because killing people is wrong. A soldier risking his life jumping on a grenade saving his fellow soldiers is an honorable act. When John McCain was a POW & the enemy realized that he is a son of an Admiral, they wanted to release him as a bargaining chip. McCain sacrificed his chance to go home for other soldiers who were locked up in the POW camp longer than him. I’ve always thought that was a very honorable of Senator McCain. 

The psychiatrist’s comments were reported back in VA, but instead of a discharge, he was reprimanded by deploying him to war overseas. The incident happened before his deployment.
Instead of harassing fellow US Muslim soldiers, how about being more supportive? Who else is going to translate Arabic chatter of real terrorists for our side? How did the FBI take down the Mafia? They got people who spoke the same language. There was an Asian-American soldier who worked as an Arabic linguist, but they kicked him out because he’s gay. Actions like these are making our country less secure. That’s a question for a conservatives. Who would you exclude first? A gay soldier or a Muslim soldier? Or even worse, a gay Muslim soldier. We already discriminate against gays. Let’s not add more discrimination to our melting pot.

The Fort Hood perpetrator went to VaTech, the same place where that Asian-American shot up the campus. Maybe that’s it; we should lock up all VT graduates like we did the Japanese. I never trusted those VT Hokies mo-fo’s. I have also heard of unfounded reports of the perp yellin “Go Hokies!” & he was very vocal against VT’s rivals, VA Cavaliers; especially at sporting events.

Let’s put it in another context. Cory, you’re a Black Republican. How many times have we watched the local news & heard a report of a liquor store robbery & hoping that it’s not another Black Republican who robbed the liquor store. Let not actions of one Black Republican represent all of the good, decent, hard-working Black Republicans across our country. Cory, I have met you. You don’t rob liquor stores; you are an upstanding citizen of the community. You are one of the good Black Republicans.
My friend, I hope you get my satire. Also I hope we will get a chance to sit down & talk.

This War on Terror will not be won by hate. It will not be won by hippie love either. The War on Terror will be won by good, old-fashioned, strategic police work.

No comments:

Post a Comment