My Fellow Liberals,
Don’t be distraught. A letter of hope.
I am a liberal & there is 1 thing that I like, no I love
about the Trump presidency.
Nothing about the man or his policies.
He’s presidency proved something for the first time in my
lifetime.
Anyone can be president, even a crazy fringe candidate.
I am a liberal. But a sensible & pragmatic liberal. I
like to go out & have fun with my fellow liberals.
But that’s party on the weekend & back in the office
& back to business on Monday.
I was inspired in 2000 with a Ralph Nader presidential
candidate. But I was sensible enough to vote for Al Gore. And we lost.
I was inspired in 2004 with Howard Dean presidential
candidate. But after his loud scream, herd mentality, I voted for John Kerry.
And we lost.
I was inspired in 2016 with a President Sanders, Bernie that
is, not the Colonel Sanders who invented chicken in Kentucky. But the sensible me voted for
Clinton. And we lost.
The Trump presidency proves we liberals don’t have to be
sensible when voting anymore.
We can party with a Presidential candidate - like a
Sanders/Nader/ Dean candidate without our pragmatism compromising our liberal
ideals.
We don’t have to lose anymore. That’s one thing I love about
the Trump Presidency.
He really proved that anyone can be President. You don’t
even need the majority vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment